the japanese coffee (pt.1 ch.3)

the japanese coffee

chapter three
the wife

We are in the middle of autumn, the season when leaves fall and loves are born. In our small, trusted café, a doubt is discussed.
"In my opinion your wife is pathetic" Says one customer leaning against the counter to another.
"I know but I can't throw her out"
"But think about it, she gives you worries and work to do, you have to pay for her food and even a roof over her head. She's not as loyal a wife as you say, make him understand who you are!"
"Yes, I have to talk some sense into her..."
"I think you should stop instead," Fumiko tells him, looking at him with contempt.
"You don't understand!"
"I do understand...your wife is not bad and not even pathetic, she has her own character and you should respect and love her, not force her not to be herself...it's about love, not hate"
"And what do you know?"
"I know more than you think, and don't you dare touch that woman."
"You don't even know her, you must not care about the matter."
Having said this, the enraged bartender comes out of the counter and prepares to punch him but fortunately is stopped by his colleague who stops his arm. He is furious in the face, which is strange given his calm and patient nature
"There is no need for that" His friend reassures him.
And reassured he takes one last look at the customer and goes back behind the counter.
"My mother was being beaten by my father...I remember the disgusting scene of his violent hands going to collide on her.... My sister and I had to report him and ... he was sentenced to jail ... but he still left us with a bad memory."
The customer looks at him with tears in his eyes but says nothing, gets up and leaves the premises.... everything returns to normal, but Fumiko remains thoughtful for a while.

This post is not only meant to continue the novel "The Japanese coffee," but also to make people think about an important and sensitive issue. Every day in the world, women are often subjected to violence and discrimination. This cannot go on and must stop! Women like men have rights that must be respected by everyone!

Comments