Detachment Review

DETACHMENT
By Tony Kaye

 Detachment is like looking at today's reality through the eyes of a hapless person. An intelligent English professor who finds himself in situations he would rather not be in, but at the same time is too kind to do nothing about it. If there was something that came to mind after watching Detachment it was: "I would have done that". This was a bit of a complex film to watch. Not so much because of the many sex scenes that I'm not used to but also because it's... sad... very sad... and it's a very heavy film. I honestly wouldn't classify it as a psychological horror but it's still a film that makes you shed a lot of tears. Adrien Brody was the perfect person to play a protagonist like that so... what can I say... Then... after watching it, something came to my mind, because not all professors are like that. And I'm writing this because I myself have suffered the effects of the teachers' lack of desire and arrogance on their students, so I understand the situation, but maybe... maybe there's nothing to be done... maybe teachers like that are like that. rare that it is a unique case to find them, or at least, in Italy, where I live. But that's okay, I accept it, because in the end if I think about it I realize that I live a much better life than the students in the school in the film. And so it I accept, but I do not accept that in 2024 (almost 2025) a student should be humiliated by a teacher and the teacher does not understand the gravity of the situation. This is not a good movie... this is a REAL movie.

Vote:86/100

Comments

Popular Posts